NOTE

Sunday, August 7, 2016

WE NOW RETURN TO THE TRANSFORMERS

I've done something TRANSFORMERS related for the past three fall seasons, and this year will be no different, other than that we're starting a month or so early due to the shorter-than-normal summer ROBOTECH review series. Last year I wrote about Dreamwave Productions' main TRANSFORMERS series from 2002 - 2004, in the form of their first two mini-series and their aborted ongoing run. This year we'll look at the ancillary Dreamwave Transformers material in order of publication. We'll lead off this Friday with the six-part TRANSFORMERS/G.I. JOE mini-series in one go, and then it'll be issue-by-issue examinations of:
  • TRANSFORMERS: THE WAR WITHIN
  • TRANSFORMERS: WAR WITHIN: THE DARK AGES
  • TRANSFORMERS: MICROMASTERS
  • TRANSFORMERS: WAR WITHIN: THE AGE OF WRATH
  • TRANSFORMERS/G.I. JOE: DIVIDED FRONT
Note that those final two series were cut short by Dreamwave's collapse, but I intend to cover them anyway for the sake of completeness.

Note as well that this should be my final go-round with Dreamwave's Transformers work. I read their ARMADA/ENERGON series back when it was released, but I found it boring and incomprehensible and I really have no desire to ever read it again. So if I return to the robots in disguise again next fall, it'll be via a different publisher and another continuity.

This material should fill my Fridays up through the end of the year, so buckle up and get ready to roll out!

No comments:

Post a Comment